Dr. Lin is an assistant professor at the Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology. He received his bachelor degree in Energy and Power Engineering from the University of Shanghai for Science and Technology (USST) in 2010 and master degree in Mechanical Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) in 2013. Later, he got his PhD at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne in 2018. Between 2018 and 2019, Dr. Lin was a postdoctoral researcher at the Joint Center of Artificial Photosynthesis (JCAP) and the Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Division of the California Institute of Technology (CALTECH). His research focuses on optimization and design of high-performance solar thermal/thermochemical/(photo)electrochemical conversion devices based on sophisticated modeling and simulation techniques leading to rational design of energy devices taking into account of coupled physics across multiple length and time scales. He has published over 14 peer-reviewed journal articles as well as 1 international patent. He has been invited for over 10 international conferences talks. He acted as the session chair (Solar Chemistry) for ASME Energy Sustainability Conference in year 2018 and 2019. Dr. Lin has served as reviewers for various international journals and entitled as excellent reviewer of Solar Energy for twice.
◆2019.10 – Now Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology.
◆2018.5 – 2019.9 Postdoctoral Researcher Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering，California Institute of Technology
◆2013.4 – 2013.8 Research Associate School of Mechnical Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University
◆2011.12 – 2012.6 Visiting Scholar North Dakota State University Mechanical Engineering
◆2013-2018 PhD Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne
◆2010-2013 Master Shanghai Jiaotong University
◆2006-2010 Bachelor University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
Awards & Honors:
◆2018 ASME graduate student award by Solar Energy Division
◆2018 Outstanding Reviewer Award-Solar Energy
◆2017 Early Postdoc. Mobility fellowship by Swiss National Science Foundation
◆2016 Outstanding Master Thesis Award by Shanghai municipality
◆2015 Outstanding Reviewer Award-Solar Energy
◆2013 Outstanding Graduate of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, SJTU
◆2012 National Scholarship for Graduates, Ministry of Education
◆2010 Shanghai Outstanding Graduates, Shanghai, 2010.5.
1. Meng Lin, Lihao Han, Meenesh R. Singh, Chengxiang Xiang. “An Experimental- and Simulation-Based Evaluation of the CO2 Utilization Efficiency of Aqueous-Based Electrochemical CO2 Reduction Reactors with Ion-Selective Membranes.” ACS Applied Energy Materials (2019). Selected as the supplementary cover image. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsaem.9b00986.
2. Meng Lin, Sophia Haussener. “An integrated concentrated solar fuel generator utilizing a tubular solid oxide electrolysis cell as solar absorber”.Journal of Power Sources, 400 (2018), 592–604.
3. Meng Lin, Jan Reinhold, Nathalie Monnerie, and Sophia Haussener. "Modeling and design guidelines for direct steam generation solar receivers." Applied Energy 216 (2018): 761-776.
4. Meng Lin, and Sophia Haussener. “Techno-economic modeling and optimization of solar-driven high temperature electrolysis systems.” Solar Energy 155 (2017): 1389–1402.
5. Meng Lin, and Sophia Haussener. "Solar fuel processing efficiency for ceria redox cycling using alternative oxygen partial pressure reduction methods." Energy 88 (2015): 667-679.
6. Meng Lin, Krishnan Sumathy, Yanjun Dai, and Xiaokai Zhao. "Performance investigation on a linear Fresnel lens solar collector using cavity receiver." Solar Energy 107 (2014): 50-62.
7. Meng Lin, Krishnan Sumathy, Yanjun Dai, Ruzhu Wang, and Yu Chen. "Experimental and theoretical analysis on a linear Fresnel reflector solar collector prototype with V-shaped cavity receiver." Applied Thermal Engineering 51, no. 1 (2013): 963-972.
8. Xian Li, Meng Lin, Yanjun Dai, and Chi-Hwa Wang. “Comparison-based optical assessment of hyperboloid and ellipsoid reflectors in a beam-down solar tower system with linear Fresnel heliostats.” Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, 139 (2017): 6, 61003.
9. Lihao Han, Meng Lin, and Sophia Haussener. "Reliable Performance Characterization of Mediated Photocatalytic Water‐Splitting Half Reactions." ChemSusChem 10 (2017): 2158–2166.
10. Enqian Dai, Meng Lin, Jiahao Xia, and Yanjun Dai, “Experimental investigation on a GAX based absorption heat pump driven by hybrid liquefied petroleum gas and solar energy.” Solar Energy, 169 (2018): 167–178.
11. Shuangjun Li, Shuai Deng, Li Zhao, Ruikai Zhao, Meng Lin, Yanping Du, Yahui Lian, “Mathematical modeling and numerical investigation of carbon capture by adsorption: Literature review and case study,” Applied Energy, 221(2018): 437–449.
12. Li Cheng, Yan Ting, Ruzhu Wang, Liwei Wang, Tingxian Li, Xian Li, Meng Lin, and Wentao Xie. “An experimental investigation of an adsorption ice-maker driven by parabolic trough collector.” Heat Transfer Research 46, no. 4 (2015).
◆Potential students and collaborators are welcomed to contact Dr. Lin for possible opportunities and collaborations.